Interested in becoming a Telephone Crisis Support Volunteer? Join us on Thursday February 3rd at the Westport Club from 6pm. Our information night can tell you more about it.
It's a new year and we are kicking off with a free DV-Alert course for Port Macquarie frontline workers.
We are excited to be offering DV-alert to the Port Macquarie Community of Front Line workers. Learn how recognise the signs of domestic and family violence and know what to do next!
Thursday February 3rd + Friday February 5th
Mercure Centro, 103 William Street, Port Macquarie
For more information email Di Bannister [email protected]
You can register here: DV-Alert
Our thoughts are with the local community at this time. Our members have become a united force during this unprecedented flood. The Lifeline Mid Coast, Crisis support team have been out in the evacuation centres, with their listening ears. They are currently manning the recovery hubs in Port Macquarie and Kempsey. We continued to provide the 13 11 14 service and the Eclipse support groups, during the floods.
MARCH 2021 NEWS
- We continue to train, Accidental Counsellor in remote areas on the Mid North Coast.
- Our Eclipse program for peopole who have attempted suicide, is now being delivered online.
- Author Kim Hodges is facilitating a 6 week writing group for people with lived experience.
- Lifeline Mid Coast is now training the "Men Who Use Violence" workshop.
- Our Taree shop was affected badly by the floods and for the past week has been cleaned by our wonderful volunteers and some help from the ARMY. The team have had some laughs and their spirits are high.
- The Round & Round Coffee van is currently situated at the Lifeline Shop on Central Road, handing out coffees to SES workers.